Below are open positions and job descriptions.
- A love for dogs and their humans
- Passionate about being part of a team that provides great customer service
- Patience with both animals and humans
- Enjoy learning and also passing along your knowledge to others
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, active job
- Ability to be flexible and to switch between tasks quickly and effectively
- Ability to supervise dog playgroups while being aware of various play styles, ensuring that all dogs are safe, stress-free, and are having fun
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean space for the dogs by watching for, picking up, and properly disposing of any waste
- Desire to work with dog behavior to improve the lives of dogs
- Ability to recognize possible canine behavior issues and ability to be proactive to help improve these behaviors in order to maintain the safety & happiness of dog packs
- Meet all of the physical requirements listed below
- Ability to stand and walk for 8+ hours a day
- Ability to repeatedly bend and pick things up
- Ability to handle several dogs in one pack at a time, memorize dog names and defining features (and customer names and faces too)
- Ability to move quickly in response to possible safety risks
Bark Rangers will be trained on protocol and procedure, but the most important requirement of the job is common sense.
If this sounds like your type of job and you’re interested in joining our pack, email your resume to email@example.com.
The Bark Bar Bark-tender serves and mixes alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, plus serves food from the kitchen to customers, all while understanding the unique environment that Bark Bar provides.
Specific responsibilities of the Bark-tender include:
- Maintains a warm, welcoming, calm atmosphere.
- IDs all guests ordering alcoholic beverages who appear to be 40 years old or younger.
- Prepare, garnish, and serve drinks to guests.
- Properly and promptly serves food ordered by guests and prepared in the kitchen.
- Occasionally prepare simple menu items.
- Knows the menu and how to read each guest to make appropriate beverage and food recommendations.
- Upsells guests on food or drink items when appropriate.
- Keeps a clean, organized bar area.
- Accurately rings up all orders in the POS system while maintaining ability to socialize with guests.
- Foster membership by promoting events and specials.
- Strictly adheres to responsible alcohol service standards and is able to successfully “slow down a guest” or cut off an intoxicated guest when necessary.
Additional specific requirements for the Bartender include:
- Must be an animal lover.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must complete or provide proof of completion of T.I.P.S. (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) or equivalent.
- Must follow standards of Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Must meet local jurisdiction requirements, including but not limited to obtaining required certifications
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. system , make change correctly and make credit card transactions
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry guests and notify a Manager
- Must be able to respond clearly to guests’ requests
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
- Must be able to frequently lift 30 lb. cases and carry short distances, up or down stairs
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir and wipe
- Must be able to frequently immerse hands in hot water (every 5 minutes)
Minimum Age 21
Ability to Lift 30 lbs
Ability to Stand 6-8 Hours
If interested in joining the Bark Bar pack, email firstname.lastname@example.org