Below are open positions and job descriptions.
The Bark Bar Bark-tender serves and mixes alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, plus serves food from the kitchen to customers, all while understanding the unique environment that Bark Bar provides.
Specific responsibilities of the Bark-tender include:
- Maintains a warm, welcoming, calm atmosphere.
- IDs all guests ordering alcoholic beverages who appear to be 40 years old or younger.
- Prepare, garnish, and serve drinks to guests.
- Properly and promptly serves food ordered by guests and prepared in the kitchen.
- Occasionally prepare simple menu items.
- Knows the menu and how to read each guest to make appropriate beverage and food recommendations.
- Upsells guests on food or drink items when appropriate.
- Keeps a clean, organized bar area.
- Accurately rings up all orders in the POS system while maintaining ability to socialize with guests.
- Foster membership by promoting events and specials.
- Strictly adheres to responsible alcohol service standards and is able to successfully “slow down a guest” or cut off an intoxicated guest when necessary.
Additional specific requirements for the Bartender include:
- Must be an animal lover.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must complete or provide proof of completion of T.I.P.S. (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) or equivalent.
- Must follow standards of Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Must meet local jurisdiction requirements, including but not limited to obtaining required certifications
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. system , make change correctly and make credit card transactions
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry guests and notify a Manager
- Must be able to respond clearly to guests’ requests
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
- Must be able to frequently lift 30 lb. cases and carry short distances, up or down stairs
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, shake, stir and wipe
- Must be able to frequently immerse hands in hot water (every 5 minutes)
Minimum Age 21
Ability to Lift 30 lbs
Ability to Stand 6-8 Hours